Friday, March 18, 2011

Southport businesswoman saddles up for charity bike ride through Asia

A SOUTHPORT businesswoman is getting ready for the challenge of her life – a 400km bike ride through Asia.

Later this year, Jane Miller, owner of In-toto Kitchens on Eastbank Street, will cycle from Vietnam to Cambodia as part of the ‘Women for Women’ annual cycle challenge in aid of Professor Robert Winston’s Genetic Research Trust.

Mum-of-two Jane will join women from across the UK for the five day challenge.

Riding through humid and rugged terrain – the route will take the women from Vietnam’s Ho Chi Minh City past villages, temples and green paddy fields through to the city of Angkor Wat in Cambodia.

Jane, 40, is relishing the challenge and has been training at least three times a week in preparation.

“I’m not a natural athlete so this is a big challenge for me,” said Jane, who lives in Preston with husband Simon and children George, 7, and Lily, 5.

“I’ve been training for a while now. I started with indoor spinning lessons and when the weather got better I began cycling outdoors.

“I’m excited about getting out there - I fly out on November 26 so I’m thinking I’ll have to step up my training very soon.

“With the business and two young children it’s difficult finding the time to train, but I’m determined to do it and I’m looking forward to meeting all the other women taking part and raising funds for such a great charity.”

Robert Winston’s Genetic Research Trust charity funds research into improving women’s health including the ‘right’ to have a healthy baby and the causes of premature birth and disease, brain injury, miscarriage and infertility.

To sponsor Jane visit www.justgiving.com/ JaneVMiller

No comments: