Wednesday, April 8, 2009

VN authorise Tim Sakhorn to visit Cambodia for his mother's funeral

By Sam BorinRadio Free Asia
Translated from Khmer by Heng Soy

The Viet authority gave a 15-day authorization for Tim Sakhorn, the former abbot of Phnom Den North pagoda, to travel to Phnom Den pagoda to participate at the funeral ceremony for his mother.

Tim Sakhorn arrived in Phnom Den pagoda on 04 April, and he was warmly welcomed by his relatives and friends, as well as members of his pagoda.

Sam Borin interviewed this former abbot about the conditions imposed on him by the Viet authority during his stay in Cambodia.

Sam Borin (RFA): When you asked the authorization from the Viet authority to come for the funeral ceremony for your mother, did they impose any rule for your return?

Tim Sakhorn (KKK): The rule was that I cannot say anything. I just act as an MC (“Achar” for the ceremony) and I cannot say anything, I cannot criticize them, nor the Cambodian authority.

RFA: They prevent you from talking, what is their rule?

KKK: They do not allow me to criticize anybody, I am to stay quiet.

RFA: If you oppose their order and criticize others, how will you be punished when you return back to Vietnam?

KKK: That I don’t know. They said that I will be punished according to the law. I don’t know and I am scared. They just set the rule that I will punished according to the law.

RFA: The main rule is that they prevent you from criticizing the Viet government and the Cambodian government, is that right?

KKK: Yes, yes!

No comments: